I have a property valued at £300k by 2 estate agents and wanted a quick sale so went to National Homebuyers after seeing their advert on TV.

They asked for an upfront fee to cover valuation but I refused. They phoned back the following day to say "our directors like your property and will proceed without the upfront fee". They offered me £240 which I refused so they increased their offer to £245 plus £1000 for legal fees which I accepted as needed the cash urgently for another purchase.

They provided the offer in writing and then sent 2 estate agents to value it. They came back to me and said they were reducing their offer to £225 which I very reluctantly accepted. They then took over a month to process via their solicitor and on the day of exchange they phoned me and said they were reducing their offer to £200k. Fortunately, I was in a position to tell them to put their offer somewhere where the sun doesn't shine.

It is my opinion that this is their strategy. They prey on people who are desperate for a quick cash sale (why else would you go to this type of company) and then delay things until the seller is really desperate and has incurred legal fees and has no choice but to accept the reduced offer at the last hour. In my opinion, this is unscrupulous practice which takes advantage of people who are already desperate. Once it had happened to me, I googled them and find that this is very common practice for them. Trading Standards needs to investigate these people.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. susanbeastall stated that there is a room for improvement of rip off. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of national homebuyers home selling and associated monetary loss in the amount of $60000. National Homebuyers needs to "to warn other people of this scam" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned national homebuyers home selling in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at National Homebuyers.

Had an Experience with National Homebuyers?

Comments

NationalHomebuyer
Lingwood, England, United Kingdom #1223570

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our service and thank you for bringing your issue to our attention.We’re sorry you’ve had this experience and I would like to apologise for any inconvenience you have experienced.

Please call our customer service line if you'd like to talk about the specifics of your situation so we are able to make things right in your specific case.Please call us on 01444257111, write to us at info@nationalhomebuyers.co.uk or go to https://www.nationalhomebuyers.co.uk/national-homebuyers-complaints/